DRIFT MASTERCLASS - NSW
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: DMC-NSW
(allow up to 4 depending on class size and other variables such as weather)
A fun-filled and action-packed day. This is an intensive course for drifting, where a series of techniques are taught throughout the day to form drift entries where you will have the car set-up sideways, well before the corner along with weight transfers (a flowing drift from one corner into the next).
Drift Masterclass is ideal for those not only looking to gain and hone in on some serious drift skills but also have a ton of fun!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Driver’s briefing at the start of the day
- Professional photography throughout the course
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks and snacks provided throughout the course.
- ADR approved helmets (students have the option of bringing their own ADR/FIA approved helmets)
- Technique 1 – Drift Handbrake Entry*: Five hands-on attempts following a professional demonstration
- Technique 2 – Drift Donut*: Up to five minutes of hands-on experience following a professional demonstration
- Technique 3 – Figure 8 Drift*: Up to five minutes of hands-on experience following a professional demonstration
- Technique 4 – Drift Entry*: Five hands-on attempts following a professional demonstration (performed twice)
- Technique 5 – Link the Drift*: Five hands-on attempts on our replica drift track following a professional demonstration
- Drift Battle Thrill Rides with D1 World All Star & Drift Australia Champion, Fernando Wiehrl, and other professional competition drifters over two laps: one in the ‘lead lap’ and another in the ‘chase lap
- Certificate of completion for Level 1 or Level 2 Course
*Level 1 students are taught using the Handbrake Technique.
*Level 2 students are taught using the Clutch-Kick Technique: Once you have achieved your Level 1 certificate of completion, you can return to tackle Level 2 which is performed on the same track layout as Level 1, introducing a new technique to master.
YOU WILL NEED
- To be minimum age 16 (Under 18’s will require adult’s consent)
- Long pants and long sleeve shirt (No nylon, cotton preferred. Jackets, jumpers and jeans are acceptable)
- Enclosed shoes (joggers, sneakers are acceptable)
- Drivers Licence is not necessary. Experience with a manual car is recommended.
1:30 PM Session: 1:15 PM arrival for 1:30 PM brief to 5:30 PM (approximately)